Thursday, August 15, 2013

We Have Pets

They are not ones that you would pick up and cuddle, however, we're happy that they seem keen to hang around us.

 The grasshopper lives outside on our jade plant.
He hops to the fence when I water the jade.
(this is not a small insect)

 "Lizzie" has been in our home for three days.
She slinks around the flat casually and sometimes we stare at each other for a bit.

I made these last Friday for a party I attended.
(we do not consider these pets)
They are puff pastry topped with mascarpone cheese that I added vanilla to
and I sauteed apples with cinnamon, lemon juice and ginger wine.
(They were phenomenal and more apples were added)

Incorporating our dance moves
(Notice that we're no longer wearing long pants and jackets?)

The first time I saw Lizzie, she came into our room and looked at me for a good long time.  Later that day I attempted to catch her to put her outside.  She wasn't having it.  It was comical for me and I'm sure terrifying for her.  When our skin touched each other, I yelped and gave up.  Apparently I'm not as in control of myself as I thought I could be.  There might actually be two different lizards taking up residence here, however they don't bother me at all.  I hope they're eating bugs who are not as welcome or wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment