Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Day for Lovers (or whoever)

There is a plan for the day. I am going to inquire about a job this morning and then walk downtown to get some objects for the house. Daniel is going to campus to register for classes and get on the internet. He also plans to speak with an advisor. We have a bank account set up here and we’re wanting to money into it.
There is no plan for this evening except we are going to eat the small chocolate heart Daniel brought home for me a few days ago. It’s easy for me not to eat chocolate and candy. Not so easy for me to stay away from salty things. He also brought home a bag of chips two days ago; those are gone.
So far this morning, and as to be expected, it’s very sunny and warm. One of my purchases today will be some beach towels because we are very much looking forward to cooling off in some outdoor water. I also really want to bring some plants into this home to liven it up. Plus, plants are like pets for me and since Daniel laughs off my every suggestion of getting an animal pet, I want to take care of something. My animal suggestions, by the way, are not a joke. I have talked about a dog, a cat, and a koala bear. Daniel and I both have a healthy sense of humour. The only down side to that is knowing when to take each other seriously.
The day has been well. It is now afternoon and 81 degrees outside. I went to see what the job prospect was about and ended up in an interview. An hour afterward we got a call on the cell phone from that company inviting me back for a second interview tomorrow morning. I’m not positive at this point that I even want the job. It is a marketing and advertising company and I would be doing sales. Not exactly cold sales, however, I’m not a huge sales person in general. I am planning to meet with the higher ups tomorrow for the “observation day” to see if we all think it’s a good fit. It’s a full time position, Monday through Friday.
Downtown we got a couple throw pillows for our couch, a bathmat, some beach towels, a mattress pad, and a kitchen rug. We are pleased with our purchases and thankful for the clearance section at Target. We then had lunch at Govinder’s the vegetarian Indian restaurant we had intended to eat the second night we were here in Brisbane. It had just closed that evening so we went back today. It was worth the wait; delicious food and a nice price. They also have each Sunday evening a Kirtan mantra chanting and dancing and eating event that we both want to attend. Fully stuffed for our walk back home we set out once again under the warm sun.
Our final stop was at a little mini mart place called, Golden Coastal, they are all over Brisbane and Daniel wanted to buy a mini modem as we’re having a difficult time getting an internet connection. He’s working on that now and if it does indeed work (fingers crossed!) I’ll be able to post this blog and put up some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment