Daniel went out to check the laundry drying on the line. He came back in and I was in the kitchen when he said, "Babe? Don't come in here." He then quickly appeared next to me and grabbed a tupperware container from the clean dishes pile. When he saw my wide, fearful eyes he said, "Just stay in here. Don't look! Don't look!" In my head I prayed to God, "Please let it be an unwanted cockroach. Please just let it be a nasty, gigantic roach."
So, you know, I looked. What do you expect?!? And what I saw was an eight legged house cat scurrying away from Daniel's chasing feet under the coffee table, where Daniel then slammed the tupperware over it. Oh, Lord. How do I explain the experience of absolute pissed off terror? First, knowing the beast was fully trapped, I told Daniel, "Wait, let me get the camera." [I'm always thinking of you guys!] When I leaped over the dreaded situation, which was my hero husband squatting over something that definitely should not exist in these delicate times, I grabbed the camera, turned it on and made my way to the spectacle which shall not be named. - This was worse than Voldemort; that's right I said it! - You guys, no joke, I couldn't do it. I glanced into the see through tupperware from six feet away and lost my "s-word". I said to Daniel, "I can't do it, I can't do it!" Danny took the picture, and then I took a photo of his hand next to our tupperware so you could get an idea of this 'expletive's' size. Daniel said, "It really made me think of a tarantula." Awesome, I think I'm crying!
Anyway, we both survived. Me, barely. The hideous mother 'expletive', son of an 'expletive', gross, disgusting, ass 'expletive expletive' might haunt my very existence in this flat. I told Daniel, "I'm bloody ready to move again; right now." I might be done with Australia. I'm not really willing to handle those 'expletives'.
Then we went on a walk to the store. On our way home, Daniel said, "I wish I could turn you on and off sometimes." I said, "Baby, I really wish you could, too."
This is the size of our Tupperware in Daniel's hand. Just as a reference.
As you can see, this A-hole took up 1/3 of the Tupperware. I'm not looking directly at this picture.
This is us after the experience. I am massively subdued; my heart is dying.



You guys are such warriors!!! Glad to see you got rid of that thing. Don't mess with the Durrants, stupid spiders....! My heart was kind of racing reading this story......
ReplyDeleteoh honey no.
ReplyDeletewell, i had been putting together a list of places to go and things to do for when we come and see you - hopefully by the end of the year - but now I'm not so suuuure.
hmmmm.
Your hair looks super light, lady. And you and Danny look fantastic despite the twin looks of horror upon your faces.
That should be your christmas card this year.
love ya!!
Dun-cha be threatin' me, Tootie Love! You are coming and that's the end of it. Daniel handles the spiders. Once every six months can't be . . well, yes it was most horrible.
ReplyDeleteMy hair IS lighter! Daniel dyed it two months ago, just to see. . .
The Christmas card suggestion made me laugh; I think bathing suits would be funny as well, as that will be our summer! [btw, right now I'm wearing a running jacket on my head because I don't have a winter hat here, and I'm cold!] Love you!