Daniel likes this building.
Here I am in front of the iconic beach sign.
We immediately changed into our swimming clothes and laid in the white sands. Since it's still technically winter season it was not crowded, however somehow we manged to lay near two naked women. I asked Daniel to google whether or not we were on a nude beach; we weren't, however no one seemed to mind. Nude people do not bother me or Daniel. I am a prude when it comes to myself, however.
The other side of the Pacific.
To be clear:
Daniel is:
CRAZY!
I made it only slightly farther than this.
Daniel felt invigorated by the water and I was proud of him for getting in so fast. He usually does, it just always surprises me because I no longer enjoy swimming in cold waves.
In the summer months these sands are incredibly crowded with beach folks.
Part of what makes Surfers Paradise famous is the skyline.
Look how brave my ankles are!!
Then it was cider time! We did a lot of people watching on the boardwalk.
These lounging benches were a great beach design.
Surfers Paradise is also famous for its gigantic mall area and nightlife. We did not explore too much in the mall apart from eating there. Daniel found a Govinda's restaurant in the area and we wanted to eat there because we were guaranteed an awesome meal. We thought for a brief moment about staying and exploring some dance clubs, however we decided to pass on this option.
More impressive high rises.
We were a little bit sleepy on the way home. It was a nice trip.

















No comments:
Post a Comment