On the way we captured some flowers and one amazing tree that is up the road from our flat.
Also along the way is this old prison where the Boggo Road Farmer's Market is held each Sunday. As many times as we've gone to buy veggies here, this is the first time I realised what the old brick building used to be.
Between the cop cars and downtown is our flat.
We decided to go back again today with our camera and spent a fair amount of time weaving through the old graves while studying names and dates.
The oldest date I saw was 1889.
While this is a sad grave, we also found it very beautiful.
We'd never seen a grave like this one. It reminds me of a Japanese garden.
We seemed to be drawn to ladies hanging on crosses.
All the graves ranged in size and shape. Some looked very expensive and others not. Daniel remarked that it didn't occur to him to think that any person was greater than the next just because of their stone size. It didn't occur to me, either. In the end, it doesn't seem to matter.
Many of the headstones have shifted and split over time.
Rivers can represent life, so I liked the juxtaposition of it in proximity to the cemetery.
It's hard to tell, but I'm actually being a dare devil here because I'm on a ledge that drops about six feet. As you can see, I'm wearing black, which is my ninja outfit; I did not fall.
This bench was in the middle of the cemetery. The seat is made of one plank of wood, which was actually quite comfortable. We're watching an ibis bird hunt in the grass.
Look how calmly I'm staring at a huge ant crawling next to me. After resting on the log I walked through some brush that poked into my socks, shoes and pants. It took me a few minutes to pull them all out; it was slightly unpleasant.
We then made our way toward the University of Queensland where we discovered a small playground.
Here is a look out point where I asked Daniel to stand. The photo does not quite capture the bridge or mountains behind my model.
Can you see the parrot?
It was a lovely afternoon.
And then we walked home.

























Nice ninja outfit!
ReplyDeleteSo is that it? Your winter is over already? How long was it....3 weeks or something like that???
ReplyDeleteThanks, Nellie!
ReplyDeleteIt felt like forever, Ma! ;)