I was helping to paint Sarah's house while we lived there
Sarah, Simon and I went to an open house a couple months ago.
I requested they pose for this photo.
In the past few weeks, I've been working more and spending time with friends. I met two of my new girlfriends at a coffee shop in West End a few weeks ago. Walking there, I took a new route and saw some great houses. Next time, I'll bring Daniel and the camera with me. The place did not sell tea, isn't that crazy? I sipped on water and listened to my friend talk about her upcoming wedding. She is completely non traditional and doesn't even want most of her family there. She was very blunt and making me laugh quite a bit.
Daniel and I met some friends at one of their houses for lunch earlier in the week. Her home is lovely and I made a quinoa dish to share. We have felt very social lately, and getting Daniel away from his finals for an hour or two a few times a week has been great for his spirits. We're also involved with a small marketing group for St. Mary's which I've told you a little about. We meet again in a few weeks and during that time, Daniel and I will design a new website for the church. I'm very excited to put together some of my ideas to see which ones our group most responds to.
Last week, I walked to meet my friend, April for lunch at a Thai restaurant. It had been a while since we'd caught up in person and it was nice to see her. She is in China right now with her boyfriend on vacation for a month! We're going to have a picture party when they get back. She hasn't seen our holiday pictures, yet. She also does massage and asked me if I'd like to start doing trades when she gets back. Oh yes!
Speaking of Asia, I realise I forgot to tell you about my experience on the subway. First, if you've ever seen the youtube video of how many people cram into one train car, that's relatively accurate! This was one of the first days we were there; in Taipei. One the train, I was standing holding a pole face to face with about forty other people. Almost everyone was staring at the white people. A woman, not six inches from my face was looking right at me. She would glance down at my clothes, then back up to my face, making no expression; just looking. It didn't bother me at all. I knew she was only curious because I look different. It did get a bit odd when I smiled at her and she still didn't react in any noticeable way. Each way I turned my head I caught the eyes of another person staring at me. I decided for the rest of the trip that I would enjoy it as much as I could - rather than feel uncomfortable. After a while, you stop noticing all together.
Okay, back to the land of Oz. Daniel and I have been cooking new dishes in our kitchen. It has been a fun time for us; there is so much space!
Daniel has colour coordinated his outfit with the kitchen.
Polenta with heaps of veggies cooked in red wine and butter!
This week I've been mildly fixated on cutting my hair. Daniel has helped me and we've done three "salon sessions" because I keep wanting it shorter. He also helped me dye it dark brown. I think I'm going to cut it shorter in the back one more time! Also, true to form, Daniel took this photo of me while we were talking so I didn't get to smile for it!
Last night Daniel suggested we start a list of things we want to cook. We're always coming up with new ideas for food. For dinner yesterday we made a souffle! It didn't come out perfectly because we do not have a mixer. Getting egg whites to form into "stiff white peaks" by hand is a challenge. And after about ten minutes we decided that foamy small white peaks were good enough!
Eggplant and mushroom souffle
Whisking is SO FUN!
So, it didn't quite "souffler" which means to blow up or puff up in French, however it did taste fantastic and we ate the entire dish! What followed, of course, was chocolate cake.
We have kitchen scissors, but this works, too!
I'm just getting ready for when he's done icing it.
Daniel said something silly and laughed at my face.
We are trying to recreate what I looked like. (it wasn't exactly this)
This evening we're meeting some of our church friends for dinner at their house. There will be a small group of us there for wine, pizza and a discussion about "Adult Faith Development". Hopefully the rain will stop before we head out to catch the bus.
No comments:
Post a Comment