Monday, October 7, 2013

Meeting My Nephew

What a blessing!  My wonderful friend, Currie drove herself and my baby sister, Jeanine from San Diego to the Los Angeles airport so that I could hug them both and meet my new nephew, Isaac.  When I finally saw them heading toward me, I completely disregarded airport regulation and left my bags to greet them.  I have to admit, I was crying like a maniac.  I'm sure I looked like a freak, however, since they love me, they didn't mind hugging the sappy traveler.

Usually I am tentative around new babies (Treva knows).  It's because they are people and just because they are tiny doesn't mean I can come right into their space -or they can come into mine- until it's comfortable.  Jeanine just handed her son off to me straight away.  I'm thankful she did, otherwise I might not have held him and we had a limited amount of time.  I got great snuggle time!

She is such a calm mama, it was beautiful to see 

Jeanine, Isaac & Currina 

Currie was funny because she said it was probably so 
confusing for Isaac to hear his mom's voice coming from
a strange face. Jeanine and I really sound a lot alike. 

He's not crying! (score)
My face is red because I was crying. 
(I'm not taking my score away for that, though)

At this point, Isaac was getting fussy. Notice how
I've turned his face away so you can't tell?
Currie helped calm him down.
When I looked at her she winked at me and said,
"Not my first baby." (she has an adorable one year old son) 

Trying to bottle his smell to my memory!

It was so great to see them, it's hard to explain how elated I felt.  It truly completed my trip.  Thanks, Ladies.  You are actually the best!

1 comment: