Here we stopped at a bakery for a snack because I feel the need to eat more often these days and Daniel can always eat. I chose a savory vegetarian pasty and Daniel ordered something sweet. After sharing our treats with each other, I changed into some shorts as the day was heating up and we made our way to the Gorge Walk.
It was so nice knowing that we had all day to take our time and enjoy the sights. The next few months are going to be even busier than these last few months have been! We decided to really relish this time together. The ocean, as always, was beautiful. Since we went on a weekday, all the parts of our trip were nearly people-free, so it was very quiet and relaxing.
Relaxing in front of Mains Beach.
I thought this tree was fantastic.
There are tiny surfers in the background.
It sounded to me like a whale was over here,
though it was just the surf spraying the rocks.
The colour of the water is divine.
Daniel notices something, I know not what.
Where are the dolphins?!
Look away, Ginny!
Just kidding, he's being safe.
Yes, I took forty pictures of the water.
Everywhere I turned there was more beauty.
This tree is amazing and I'd never seen roots like that.
I'm not sure what this is, although at some point
in time, a spider seemed to live there.
More awesome tree roots!
I love the shadows cast by the trees.
Shortly after this photo, two nice, young ladies walked down
these steps and told us to hurry up ahead because there were
turtles and dolphins to see.
It was hard for us to hurry, though. We were enjoying our leisurely stroll.
1-10, Janelle?
I really really wanted to go down and sit in this water pool.
Can you see the turtle?
There were about four of them swimming and diving.
I adjusted the colours in this photo so you can see the turtle
at the surface, and the turtle underwater.
There was no one else on this huge rock space and we may
have stayed longer if there were any shade.
We chose Frenchman's Beach to visit, of course!
I think it should have been called, "Dead Bird Beach" because
there were about half a dozen dead black birds littering the sands.
Or it could have been called, "Silly Crab Baby Beach" because
there were tons of small crabs scurrying about the area and they were
very entertaining to watch.
Daniel has discovered the way!
We had the entire beach to ourselves!
Just us, some bird carcasses and plenty of lively crabs.
Here is one trying to hide from me. Unfortunately this is not
so much a hole as it is a dent in the sand.
After a long walk and splashing through the waves on the beach,
we ate lunch at a local fish and chip shop. Then we went next door to an
"Authentic Italian Gelati"
"Authentic Italian Gelati"
place where they made their creamy deliciousness daily.
We shared a scoop of chocolate mint and a scoop of
mango and strawberry gelato.
mango and strawberry gelato.
Daniel and I walked through a small park before finding a place where I could put my jeans back on. It was very hot outside, however, the trains are always freezing and I knew I'd want my legs covered on the way home. Our bus was ten minutes late and thankfully we made it to the ferry just in time! We ran down the ramp and thanked the girl holding the small vessel to the dock for us. She, in turn, thanked us for moving so quickly. Our walk back to the train station was easy and I commented to Daniel that I thought it would be funny if we saw the people who took the bus ride from the ferry to the train once we got there. With a few minutes to spare, we boarded the train and noticed a woman who'd been on the ferry with us and had taken the bus to that station. We were impressed that we managed to walk as quickly as the bus.
Back at Southbank, we returned our GoCards. They have served us well for the past two years, (you put money on them and then scan them for the buses and trains - too easy), and the woman at the counter wished us well on our next adventure.























Beautiful place! So glad you went and thanks for sharing the pics! Love those trees!!!!
ReplyDelete