Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Big Blog Break

My tips are cold!  Fingers, toes and nose are still adjusting to this extreme weather change.  It feels so dry in the wet Willamette Valley!  Daniel and I arrived safely and with no travel hiccups.  All the airline staff and flights were easy and on time.  We enjoyed a fun Thanksgiving with some family and have been searching for our new home.

The Sunday before we left, our church community held an afternoon tea farewell for us following the morning service.  I stood up at the microphone to share our thanks with them, which was the first time I'd been on a stage in a long while.  We received plenty of hugs and well-wishes; they're all hoping we come back soon.

That evening we met our friends, Lizzie and Darren for a drink and then had them over for dinner.  They are such fun people and I will really miss Lizzie.  She always makes me laugh.  It was a great way to wrap up our Brisbane friendships.  We have truly been blessed to have so many!

 Outside Swampdog
The table is a door which Darren thought was fascinating.

My dear friend, Lizzie. 

Cleaning the fridge 

Cleaning the oven

Monday after three sessions, Daniel and I got the flat cleaned up and looking great.  We finished our packing and made sure to weigh all our suitcases, backpacks and carry ons.  The airlines in Brisbane are rather strict with how much you're allowed to bring onto the planes.  Luckily, even though some were slightly over, the woman who checked us in Tuesday morning was super sweet and let us go through without a fuss.  Our friend, Terry took us to the airport.  We sat and the men drank coffee while I finished the last of my water bottle so I could carry it on with me empty.  Most airlines now have water on the plane so you can fill up your own containers.  It's great because staying hydrated on long flights is important.  

One last happy send off

This is before any Thanksgiving feast so I think
it's safe to say that I have an official "bump" now.
(19 weeks)

This is the best Thanksgiving photo ever!

Mom and Danny decorating the tree!

Mom and I finished the tree last night

We have been super busy since being back in Oregon.  We've seen most of our families and we hope to see our friends soon, too.  This will be my last post for a while as I don't expect to have any silly lizard stories to share over the Eugene winter!  Thanks for reading and commenting.  It has made me feel closer to you and that is always important to me.

With love and gratitude,  Les Durrant Duo

No comments:

Post a Comment