Thursday, June 28, 2012

Baker Baker

Daniel just came to me and said, "Do you know what I'm thinking?"  And I giggled and said, "You're going to bake the blackberry sponge cake?!!?"  [we purchased it this evening.  Grocery shopping has been on the back burner due to three days of rain.]  He replied in question, "What do you think about that?"  I made some silly sounds. . .
Daniel said, "I'm going to take that as enthusiasm."  To which I answered him, "Baby, has there ever been a time in our 15 year relationship where you asked me if I minded that you were going to bake something and I said, 'no, don't do it'"?
It matters not that it's 9 in the evening.  And it matters not that two nights ago I ate cake for dinner.  
It is good to be an adult.
What's a lady to do?  The man can bake.

2 comments:

  1. what IS a lady to do indeed! that sounds deeeelicious! and quite a yummy breakfast should there be any left :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Currina! You're bloody brilliant. We do indeed have some left. We'll eat it tonight again, I'm sure. It's been a potato day. Eggs and potatoes for breakfast, we're gonna do garden burgers and fries for lunch; maybe we'll do cake for dinner again! haha. lovelove!

    ReplyDelete