Monday, June 4, 2012

Botanical Garden

Welcome to winter!
This is the first photo I took after dropping Daniel off. I love the city and the park together.
All the flowers were calling out to me.
Lovely red flower
Can you see me?  [jk]
These next ten photos of plants and sights also called out to me.
 I love the pink tips!





 One little green guy inside all that purple.
 For some reason this plant reminds me of Francoise.


 These birds are called Australian White Ibis -like the hotel- and we see them everywhere.
 I'd never seen one laying down before.
This cute little thing was having herself a bath.
And then went down for a snack.
Me and this duck had a short love affair in that it followed me for a few minutes and we gazed into each others eyes.
Bird Family
Here is one of a few water fountains. I love the reflection off the water's surface.
Mini Waterfall
These water lilies captured me; so beautiful!
Then I found a swing!!

Then I found Daniel!!
Pure bird entertainment. I think someone is stepping on a tail feather.
Daniel said they got so close because they could feel us appreciating them.
Okay, now notice the one on the left is sort of tilted over with his right leg sticking out?  This is how he stumbled later and fell.  Oh, the funniest thing all winter!
Our very first kangaroo sighting!
One of the many outdoor Coliseums near campus. In the background on the right side of the photo you can see large crane equipment. That is Mater Hospital and we live directly across the street.
[Thanks for the belt, Currina!]
The body of water next to the river is Streets Beach.
This is South Bank, near Streets Beach where the bougainvillea grows beautifully year round.
City Cat, water taxi
Another view from the Goodwill Bridge. We live behind this Clock Tower.

I hope you all enjoyed these photos as much as the cockroach picture!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my!! I saw my name and got all excited!! hahahaha!xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gave me that belt years ago! It's been to a great many countries with me. ;)

    ReplyDelete