Saturday, March 23, 2013

Birthday Deux

After a few rounds of drinks and laughs at Kerbside we decided to move our party further into the valley for some dinner.  Weekend evenings are busy and we ended up in China Town hunting for a restaurant big enough to host our birthday goers.  King of Kings had plenty of room for us.  We sat at a couple tables in the back and began to order food.  The entrees were mediocre at best, however, I feel I've been honest about the quality of food that we experience here.  Flavours just do not seem to be a big deal.  And since Daniel and I love to travel and eat, we're kind of snobby about our grub!  It didn't matter, the company was divine and everyone was having a fun time celebrating Sarah.

Greg looks so happy in this photo and I love that
Sarah is clapping! 

 I told Simon I was going to get a great picture of him.
This is a massive success because directly after smiling
at me, he made a hideous face and I was thrilled to have
missed it! 

Daniel is making new friends and I am making Ainsley laugh.

For some reason, Daniel was enthralled by all these tiny toys. 

Our dinner awaits 

We may have stolen some of these stones on the way out.
They were on the floor though and we felt they deserved
more love in our home.
  
Daniel and I decided to embarrass Sarah with some birthday attention.
We asked our server what could be done and were given a choice of either 
having her brought ice cream (lame) or a tray of drinks with a fun story.
Obviously, we opted for the grander of the two.
Our server was extremely animated about the telling of what Sarah was to 
participate in.  All three shots meant something and she had to take them quickly and in a certain order.  The story was never fully clear to me so I cannot retell it to you.  (something about dragons and curses?)  Suffice it to say, Sarah was slightly embarrassed and handled it like a champ!

Success!!

Daniel is standing almost directly across from where we drank a cider and 
watched highlights of last year's super bowl when we first moved here! 

After the restaurant we stopped somewhere else for a coffee to wind down the 
evening.  Mostly, I helped Sarah drink hot chocolate because I am a good friend like that. 

This is a brewing room and Daniel is definitely not supposed to be in there!

Finally at home, Sarah opened her gifts from us.
We got her some jewelry, some make up and some candy.

So that was the rest of our evening.  Mostly in pictures.  We did meet some neat new people and as usual had a fun time walking around Brisbane with our friends.  

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I wanted to yell "I love Lisa Sophia" when I saw that last pic but realized there was no one here to give me a prize ticket....Love that Daniel sneaks into where he is not supposed to be!!!
    Looks like great fun!

    ReplyDelete