Obviously this is simply broccoli and green beans
and the colour is still lovely.
There is an enorment amount of food on this table.
It was hard to get the shot though and they wanted me to be in it
so I was unable to angle down to show you!
In the background is sweet potato, white potato, onions and garlic
all roasted to perfection.
In front is a rice dish with veggies and a cheese sauce; so good!
Under Wendy's careful watch, I made this beet, apple, feta and spiced salad.
Since the girls cooked, the boys cleaned. And yes, by sword fighting,
Sarah and I are being very helpful!
Our dessert was something akin to a marshmallow cake
covered in fruit. As per usual, Simon ate his in three bites,
and I had leftovers!
After our great meal we sat around the table and played cards all night long. There was laughing, story telling, and of course, Simon cheating. (ha!) Once again I will say that Wendy and Paul are marvelous people and having our home filled with such fun family energy was necessary and nurturing.
I love Wendy's careful eyes over the sword fight! Looks like great, fun times!!!
ReplyDelete