Monday, April 1, 2013

The Healing Properties of Motorcycles

A week after my surgery I needed to get out of the house!  I had been taking small walks around the block with Daniel and Churchill often getting tired at the end of the street.  My meals were consisting of kale and banana smoothies and I was running low on supplies so Simon offered to take me on his bike to the Boggo Farmer's Market, which is just down the road from us.  I have always been a fan of riding on motorcycles.

The first time he found out I was a fan was when he tried to scare me by offering me a ride.  When he saw my excitement, he promised to actually take me sometime.  Luckily, he has a small helmet to fit my small head.  We set out, me laughing with glee to buy some fruit and veg.

 
 Ready to go!

Safety first - helmets in place!

And we're off!  Weeee!

Simon told me later he was impressed with how I handled myself on the bike.  I reminded him it was not my first, or even fourth time.  We had fun and he took the long way home so I could do some more laughing!  I hope it's not my last time on the bike, although I haven't asked to go again.  I'm sure I will.

Later that weekend Sarah went with a friend to a 50's festival.  When she was there she got a make over so I snapped some before and after shots of her.  

Before: Those tights are stellar.

After: Look how cute she is!

They did a great job and she had a lot of fun.  We've been keeping busy with school, work, friends and projects around the house.  Life is going along swimmingly.  


No comments:

Post a Comment