Daniel and I are packed and ready to go. Tomorrow morning we fly back to Brissy to live with our friend Sarah. I spoke with her a couple hours ago and she is very excited to have us. As a house we have some major food plans already in the works.
My life with Daniel is one of constant change and adventure. There are always downs with the ups, and we always learn from those and understand that it's not a small thing to leave a place where you are comfortable to go and try something new. The excitement and support we get from our experiences is well worth the surprises that are occasionally thrown our way. We have learned to look at life like a game. It is fun, it is challenging, and if you know me, you know I want to win. In this case, winning means that we are happy. And we are.
Here are a few photos of our last week in Cairns.
Flying Fox overload
They literally darkened the skies
Last week someone on the other side of our marsh lit a fire. Glisten says they were annoyed by the flying foxes living in their trees, and as you do, we burn things that bother us. . . ? In the middle of the day, what looked like thousands of flying foxes filled the sky above our flat. I could not tear my eyes away to get the camera, which unfortunately means you'll have to dive into my brain to retrieve the magnitude of my mind's picture. Later in the day, they were still buzzing about and I did manage these two snaps. They do not do any kind of justice to what we had seen a few hours before; here they are none the less. It was amazing and I'm sure a once in a lifetime sight.
Just saying hello
About three days ago, Glisten knocked on our door and came in when we called. She said a gecko had just jumped from the ceiling onto her shoulder while she was rinsing a glass at the kitchen sink. Then she proceeded to turn around and show us that he was still crawling around on her back! It was hilarious! She's such a calm woman. I am not afraid of the geckos, however, I know that if one had jumped on me, I would have lost my cool real quick. I'm sort of a jumpy person. Daniel startles me at least four times a week.
And finally this morning Daniel set his alarm for four thirty so he could listen to the birds waking up and get a few pictures of the sun rise. This is what he captured.
And then he saw the kookaburra
who was waking me up with his crazy call
I think the plan for tonight is pizza, wine, and the cake Daniel baked us. We'll wake up early for our flight tomorrow and be back in Brissy before noon. Sarah will collect us from the airport and I'm already looking forward to setting up our new room and my office into a place that makes us feel calm and grateful.
Please wish us a boring flight!!
Beautiful sunrise pics! I now will have to google flying foxes to see what they look like up close. Amazing that is only a fraction of what you saw!
ReplyDelete