After a fabulous dinner, Daniel and I were watching a film called, "The Impossible" and I was crying. A lot. Suddenly I heard loud banging sounds; looked and asked Daniel, "Is that rain?" He looked at me shocked and said, "Yes!" I swore and ran upstairs to get my shoes. We both went outside under the deluge to desperately pulled Sarah's belongings from the line. I'm just going to tell the truth here: I said the "F" word more times in twenty seconds than I probably have in my entire life. We were soaked within those twenty seconds and I gave up, very unhappily. Daniel encouraged me to go in while he grabbed the rest of the laundry and threw it into Sarah's basket; all the while laughing and swearing himself.
The results are as follows:
This is my unhappy face.
Daniel, on the other hand, was more than amused.
(good on him!!)
Seriously, what is with this guy?
Look how happy he is to be soaked!
Meanwhile there's Josie sour puss.
My eyes are closed because water was dripping in them.
Daniel and his happy dripping back.
He's wearing his swimmer shorts, which dried quickly.
I did a whole wardrobe change.
And, I had just straightened my hair for the first time in a long time.
Blast!
As per the Brisbane water Gods, the heavy rain lasted less than ten minutes. Sarah was thankful to us when she came home. I'm so happy Daniel thought it was funny. Good gracious does a cranky girl need some happy balancing out from time to time.
Sorry...just had to smile and giggle at these pics....!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIf it helps, I was very grateful, and a little guilty about it... :)
ReplyDelete