Chances are if you ask me if I want to have a dance party,
I will look at you like this. It means, "Duh."
Alien Dance Party
Purple Rain Dance Party
Joanna Dances More Than Daniel Dance Party
That evening was full on! We shed layers of coats, sweaters, socks and slippers. It was the most intense dance work out I've maybe ever done. I was so sweaty! (Thank you, Eminem.) We also laughed a lot and are still so grateful for this huge open space in our home.
Yesterday we Skyped with my folks and my younger sister, Jeanine and her husband, Peter. Jeanine is going to give birth in ten days! She has the biggest, most beautiful belly on her tiny person. I am SO excited to meet my baby nephew, Isaac. She is the first of us sisters to have a child and our entire family feels over the moon with this blessing.
Today we rode our bikes to church and then downtown. There was a "Suitcase Sale" market just outside the main outdoor mall strip that we walked through after locking our bikes up. It was literally people selling out of suitcases. There were heaps of clothes and jewelry. I liked one dude's area, where he was selling plants out of teapots and watering cans. We strolled around town and watched a Bollywood Hip Hop Dance Group perform in colourfully sparkling costumes. Then we rode to Daniel's campus to drop off some books at the library.
Suitcase Bargains
If Daniel weren't with me, I reckon I woulda stopped and
looked through clothes for too long
When we got home, Daniel spent some time lounging in the sun while I caught up on my emailing (I always have emails to answer!). After an hour, our neighbour, Linda came over to visit and she and Daniel did some gardening out in front of our flat to make it prettier. They did a great job. Finally, Daniel and I went on another bike ride and when we arrived back home, our other neighbour, Matt, offered to help Daniel fix his squeaky bike brakes with his tools.
Half way through the hard work.
Matt is in the background with a weed wacker;
he came over and helped with our side, too.
We're deciding what else we want to plant here
Daniel made another little sitting bench;
this spot gets great sunlight in the late mornings and Daniel likes to walk barefoot through our sand.
He designed the doors to cover some of our landlord's junk.
We have a busy week coming up. Thursday night is my only free evening and I feel pretty strongly that I'm somehow going to fill it up. We've had almost a full week of sunshine and I'm sure that contributes to our positive energy!









Suitcase sale and dance party. Two more things that make me wish I was there!!! You should have rung your bike bell to get all the neighbors over there!!!!
ReplyDelete