Monday, February 28, 2011

To The Left

We spent two and a half hours downstairs at dinner last night.  Daniel was on a conference call so I made dinner in our little kitchen while listening to opera music.  I made rice and added spices along with onions, garlic, courgette, aubergine [eggplant], and feta cheese then stuffed them all into four orange peppers and one red one.  Jan got the red one.  I put a little mature white cheddar on top and as I finished Daniel came in to help me carry the meal into the house.  Pat has a toaster oven!  I never knew, and it’s exciting.  I love toaster ovens!  We popped the peppers in that bad boy and let them cook about twenty minutes.  They were so good.  Everyone seemed to have liked this dinner more than the others I have cooked.  My guess is because I put more salt in this dish.  When I cook for others I usually use very little salt and let people add their own.  I have noticed everyone always adding salt to our meals here so this time I just put in how much I would if it were just me and Daniel and no one added anything.  I guess what tastes good to me and Daniel is good also for Grange Place.  And for dessert Jan and Pat provided strawberries with a little sugar and clotted cream which we all delved into excitedly.  I could faint.  Daniel had to eat the last little bit of mine and Jan always helps Pat finish her meals.  Then we just sat around talking and listening to stories.  It was a grand Sunday evening. 


It only took us fifteen minutes to do our chores this morning.  We were just in and out!  Pat gave us four slices of oatmeal bread to try so I made us fried egg sandwiches while Daniel did the dishes.  We take turn doing dishes.  If there are a lot we rochambeau and usually I lose.  Damn his scissors to my paper!  Right now Daniel has a meeting [I need to remind him because he’s still at his desk working] and in two hours we’re taking a trip into town [yay] as the farm needs chicken food, dog food, and human food.  I placed an order with amazon this morning because we need another us to uk outlet adapter and I got a book called, “Her Fearful Symmetry” by Audrey Nifferegger who also wrote, “Time Traveler’s Wife” and that is a book that I loved reading.  My friend, Treva, an avid reader, recommended the story and amazon had a used copy for a pence.    Can’t go wrong!


Less than an hour I ago I invited Daniel to run with me.  He said yes and changed his mind five minutes later, heh.  So I left alone, walked down the long driveway which does well for a warm up walk and began my jog.  As I crossed to the left hand side of the street I felt a small raindrop fall onto my bottom lip.  A small voice in my head flashed a message to me, “Hey!  That means you can go home!”  It’s a trickster voice though and instead I used the drizzle as motivation to get to my destination and back quickly.  The first half of my run was a-okay.  Unfortunately when I turned around I noticed the wind had been at my back, and because my legs are sore from being a new runner again and my rear got smashed by a cow, I also noticed the way back is slightly uphill.  I felt a little tight and the wind was making my eyes water and threatening to make my freezing nose fall off.  I was sure I slowed down.  Guess what?  Seven and a half minute mile.  No kidding!  Of course, I’m going faster and not farther but I’m willing to see how this all pans out.  I feel I would like to add that the sun was out when I first put on my running gear, and now that I am back inside, it’s out again.  Daniel giggled a bit at the irony and I reminded him -and myself- that when I go out for a five mile run, I’ll experience both; sun and rain.  So I’ll be okay.  And sometimes it’s awesome to run in the rain.  It makes me feel tough. 


Jan just poked his head in my room: Pat has a doctor’s appointment today so our trip to town has been postponed until Wednesday.  He also gave me a book to read called, “The Once and Future King” by T.H. White.  It’s the complete Arthurian epic.  He knows I love “The Mists of Avalon” by Marion Zimmer Bradley and he thinks I will enjoy these stories as well.  Okay, nose out of the computer and into a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment