Daniel has never been a girl scout. I know this because whenever we walk by trees and shrubs I usually end up being whapped in the face by a branch. And I always think, “This would not be happening to me if I was with my sisters.” They were both girl scouts and understand the etiquette of either holding the branch for you until you can grab it yourself, or at least throwing up a little warning. Somehow I am unable to communicate to him clearly that I do not wish to be whapped in the face with branches. Oh well, he’s still extremely helpful when it comes to all other parts of our lives here.
A couple days ago Pat took us to meet the dogs that she breeds. They are Yorkshire Terriers and they are loud. They got so excited to meet us and kept jumping up, some of them it seemed could actually hover in the air for a bit before returning to the ground. I was glad they were in their kennels. I’m not a fan of dogs jumping on me, no matter the size. We got some video of the experience so we will put it together and get it posted on here soon.
Last night I found a hilarious radio station in our kitchen so we had another dance party while cooking dinner. We made an excellent meal of rice, potatoes, onions, courgette, pesto, and cheese. The strangest thing about the radio stations here, except for the classical and opera stations, is that they cut the song off three quarters of the way through. And I swear the night before Valentine’s Day we were listening to a station that only played the first verse of the song before they cut it off to tell “Romantic Stories”. It was unbelievable! There is one song that is always on here no matter where we go. The first time we heard it we were at the airport in Iceland. It’s not a great song but we sing along anyway because at this point we’ve memorized the words. Now, I can rock some cool karaoke tunes; while on the other hand I do not claim to have tons of singing talent. I do know however, from being in choir a few years that you need to elongate your vowels while singing. So, one part of this song the woman belts out, “forever” and she hits the errr sound so hard. Frankly, it’s ugly. Well, last night her name was announced after they played half the song and turns out it is Chaka Khan! Now I know some of her music so I just stood there going, “Come on girl!” mouth agape. At any rate Daniel and I are thankful to have a small radio in our kitchen / dance party room. It gives us lots of opportunities to entertain each other.
It’s cold outside but the sun is bright and in a few hours we’ll venture into Crediton for some much wanted social mingling. Daniel and Jan are both working on an article that will be published in a Knowledge Management magazine called, “Inside Knowledge”. It will be Daniel’s first time being published and we’re both excited about it. We’ll keep you posted on where and how you can read a copy when it comes out.
No comments:
Post a Comment