Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

 It has been a really splendid week for us.  We have enjoyed lots of sunshine, happy animals, great food, and positive thoughts.  Daniel has a goal of finishing his paper today.  It is the paper he has been working on and needs in order to graduate.  It’s exciting watching him write again and I love seeing him so inspired.  He has a real heart for education and a strong mind when it comes to implementing his ideas. 


In farm news the rats are now dying.  We have still yet to see one, a fact I am thankful for.  We’re going to design a new set up for the chicken’s food too.  Move it far away from their coop where rats cannot live.  The cows are happily back in their own huge field and eating away at all the grass that has grown there.  Sasha, the huge white dog, has finally stopped barking at us every time we walk by.  Also I have learned a trick from watching Jan on how to get her to be quiet if and when she does holler at us.  Jan has lived here five plus years and Sasha still barks at him.  She’s a nutter. 


Tonight Daniel and I plan to make an egg flower soup for our “Family Dinner”, and we will also share the last of our French chocolate from Paris.  You have to eat chocolate on Easter, right?  I always did growing up, and I don’t see a reason to scrap the tradition now. 


I know this is a short post; we have been doing the same things and we’re really quite happy.  We feel very positive about our future.  This week has really just been wonderful and we both have little tiny suntans.  Some people look naturally beautiful with pale skin.  My natural skin color is sort of a greenish grey and therefore I prefer to have a small brownish tone instead.  [That’s sort of a joke.]  I didn’t think it possible living in England, alas I was wrong.  Good. 


Jan tells us we’ll be taking a couple trips into Exeter and Crediton early next week so I will have more to report then.  Last night we made a cooking music video for you all.  As soon as Daniel is free from his paper assignment, we’ll put it together and post it.  We have about six other videos we’ve taken with the intention of sharing as well, however, it uses up a lot of our precious bandwidth to upload them… you’ll see them someday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment