Saturday, April 2, 2011

Like the Opera Singer Belts, "AHHHHHH!"

You guys, I just took a shower.  A SHOWER!!!  I’m completely blissed out right now.  I tried to be quick; I’ve been doing my part conserving water for two months and I wanted to not take advantage of my hotel room Parisian shower luxury, and I just couldn’t make myself get out!  Sorry, Mother Earth.  While I was in there, giggling and sighing continually I actually said, “I’m so happy!” out loud.  Daniel heard me from the next room.  Tomorrow morning it’s happening again; this time I promise to be fast!  And I’m going to blow dry my hair.  BLOW DRY MY HAIR!  


We had an excellent snack with Francoise at the Mono-Prix; I had tarte aux citron and Daniel ate a chocolate eclair.  Then we went to a neat cafe called, “Paradis du Fruit” and I ate more bread than I needed to in addition to my actual meal, which also was sort of bread like.  We walked around with goofy grins on our faces because the truth is, Paris makes us very happy!  Daniel and I picked up a bottle of Bordeaux and shared a small glass in our room.  And I will mention that that bottle of wine was less than two euros.  Um, this place is awesome!


So now we’re watching the news, picking out the words we know until the stories make sense and we’ll be sleeping soon.


Much love to all.  Bonne nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment