Daniel has been given hard physical labor jobs outside which he is being paid to do. Jan assures me that I would be unable to do this work. Does he know me but at all? On the contrary Daniel says I would be able to do it, however, it’s raining and cold outside so I’m more than happy to sit under the covers and study my French lessons!
A couple things that have finally taken place are that the bank that we use in the States has sent us a statement with our Grange Place address on it, so we can finally open an account here. It’s not been easy or pleasant for two and a half months, though we have managed and now it shall get easier.
Also, we finally got a bath. We hadn’t had a proper cleaning since France. Oy.
We’re taking a trip into Crediton on Friday with Jan and Pat to run some errands and get our banking stuff figured out. Then we are all going up to Chagford to deliver some charcoal Jan has sold to a business there. I’m sure Daniel and I will again pop into that tiny cheese shop and make more purchases there.
Lastly I have just given myself a haircut. This is not my first “home-made haircut” however all the other times Daniel and I have taken snips at my head; I’ve had very short hair. For longer hair I received some stellar advice from my friend, Treva, and it took me less than sixty seconds and saved me at least thirty pounds. Tomorrow I will get the opinions of the chickens and report back. I’m certain they will tell me that I look farmer fabulous.
No comments:
Post a Comment