As you can see, dreaming of yogurt pretty much means not much is happening on the Devon front. Everything at the bank worked out yesterday. And we even celebrated with a piece of toffee apple cake from a bakery in downtown Crediton. Daniel wanted to wait and eat it in the café with Jan and Pat. As I was about to take my first bite however, one of the workers told me, rather rudely actually, to put it away. He said something to us like, “We think we have reasonable prices here so we do not appreciate people bringing in outside food.” Whoa, calm down dude, it’s already back in Daniel’s pocket. He decided to keep reprimanding us and I was thankful that I couldn’t understand his accent. Jan finally looked up and said, “It’s okay, we understand.” At last the man walked back behind his counter. I figured he was probably bored. Jan let us enjoy the treat in his car and it was worth the wait! We have been now to this café a couple times and I’m not sure why we keep going back. Obviously they are not the most polite by way of service and their drinks are sort of bland. On our first trip there Daniel ordered a milkshake that was chocolate milk with a plop of chocolate ice cream floating in the liquid. I ordered a hot chocolate that did not taste like hot chocolate, and Simon drank tea that was not hot. Oh well, I can be mellow about it and also I learned my lesson; I no longer partake of eat or drink there. But I will sit in the chair that looks like a throne while everyone else does.
At Morrisons we were overjoyed to find faux lamb and steak. We had tried the lamb at the woodland party and rather loved it and had not been able to locate where it was in the store. After asking Simon where he finds it we had our success. It’s on the absolute complete opposite side of the store from where all the other fake meats are. Also, it’s with the fish. It doesn’t make sense to me, and yet I do not care because I’m happy to have it. We tried the steak last night over a bed of lettuce, tomato, onion, and black beans. Mmm!
Before we set out on our Crediton adventure I waited outside in the sun for Daniel, Pat, and Jan to join me by the car. I snapped a few photos of flowers and then decided to check out the naughty chicken’s new nest. I found another egg! That’s 15 in one day! Of course, it took her I’m sure a couple weeks to lay all those eggs, but oh what a treat! It had a tiny soft feather stuck to it that I thought was so cute I couldn’t remove it. It’s still sitting on our counter this morning, feather and all. I even got a photo of it.
Happy weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment