This day was an assignment in gathering many groups of family from many different locations. What we thought we be a harmless forty five minutes on the beach without sunblock turned into a three and a half hour excursion in which my skin had something to say about. But before the red, there was fun!
Mama Kris and Janelle first testing the water.
I love this picture because Janelle is a boss!
Look at me and Kris having normal experiences of cold water.
Does it phase my sister? Apparently not.
Running is necessary.
Beach toes.
Shortly after this photo was taken, folks decided they needed lunch. So I offered to stay with the towels and cameras expecting our other family to show up any minute. The next thing I remember is waking up and knowing that I was in some sun trouble. I put towels over my legs and my tank top on, though some of you know there's not much at that point to be done. Finally the rest of our family came and I put sunscreen on me, then promptly got back in the water. Ooops! It's hard to resist when you're a natural ocean swimming lover.
Family and palm trees, what else could you want?
I love this picture! My Aunt Patty and brother Christopher,
who I wish was just slightly to the left.
Excuse me, how cute is my mother? Fo reelz?!
P Daddy, D Daddy and Janelle having serious wave conversations.
Me and Jeanine are going for it!
Later Christopher said, "I guess I could have taken off my shirt."
He was soaked and laughing; a memory I will always remember happily!
The Brave Ones
They are the same size in San Diego!
Happy swimmer!
After swimming twice me and my skin were ready to be out of the sunshine. Philip, Kris, Janelle, Christopher, Patty and I all went to Old Town to do some shopping and exploring. Mostly my brother and I sat on benches in the shade and waited patiently for everyone else to finish. A day at the ocean can really take it out of you, and at that point I was in some mild discomfort. We saw my Dad, Bob and grandma Walker while we were there, watching a lady dance. I offered Christopher five dollars to dance with her; it was all I had and he turned me down. Blast! (He didn't want my Aussie dollars.)
Technically this is Janelle's family. They have adopted
me and Daniel though, so we call them Mom and Dad.
The purple ribbon on Jeanine's head and around Peter's neck
came from a gift. The sword is helpful in gift opening.
Notice the ice bag on my lap, and my hands trying to cool down my arms!
I love you, Neen!
(even through my pain)
This pictures ALWAYS makes me laugh!
Peter is a riot. He's impersonating "the drunk guy who
never understands to look at the camera."
They mad at me for being the tall one.
(Also, I'm on my tip toes)
Although Peter is slightly even taller than me!
Our new bro!
I really love San Diego. I really love my family and I'm so incredibly happy for my little sister and my new big brother. We all truly had an amazing time.




















That was a fun day. And a really great trip!
ReplyDelete