Ashlea, Jeanine, and Kim getting fancy toes.
Janelle and I simply had our hands done because I -for one, and perhaps Kim now too- absolutely detest pedicures. It's completely unnatural in my opinion. We painted our own feet and the ladies at the shop did a top coat for us, which was really sweet. They wanted us "to be shiny!"
Does she look tired, nervous, and beautiful? She is!
After a couple hours of pampering we went back to the resort to set up for Jeanine's Bridal Shower. World Mark San Diego has a beautiful conference room which we decorated for family, friends, food and games.
My cousins Kelly and Sarah. Their mom, and my namesake, Joanne (Auntie Jo)
My aunt Patty, and my mom, Ginny. Laughing at games.
You may or may not recall that little Kelly on the left was the flower girl in our wedding. And her big sister, Sarah read a scripture during the ceremony. They look different, though not bigger. They are still so tiny and cute; I love them!
Nicole is one of Jeanine's great friends. Kris is one of my moms.
They are both amazing women.
Here is Jeanine opening a shower gift from Auntie Jo. She made her an afghan
and pinned little notes with memories of Jeanine on them coinciding
with specific colours. It was a beautiful gift.
(Note the map behind Jeanine!)
When the shower ended and we had the room cleaned a few of us walked across the resort parking lot to have the eating experience at Benihana. It's a fun place and one of the many times I wished Daniel was with us. He would have really enjoyed it. You sit at a large table and your food is cooked in front of you on a huge grill. Whoever is cooking your food is the best part. Our chef was extremely entertaining and kept us laughing throughout the process. He had many tricks and puns for us. The table, unfortunately, wasn't quite big enough for our entire party so Janelle, Christopher and Ashlea sat at the table next to us. Christopher, of course, made fast friends with his fellow dining patrons.
I did my best to coordinate everyone being in the picture, however,
most of them just went inside. Jeanine is trying to help me in this photo.
Peter, Christopher, and Janelle are always aware when a camera is on them!
A table away, yet still smiling!
Our fun chef. B Daddy is excited, trust me, that's his excited face.
And as I said, Peter is aware of the camera at all times!
That evening we did a big bonfire on the ocean at Mission Beach. Lots of friends and family showed up to visit and toast marshmallows. I do not have any pictures of this evening, though I will remember it as a nice mellow time. It was also the evening I realised that I'm part of a set of triplets. The entire vacation us girls were being called by each other's names. We even did it amongst ourselves. At one point that night I thought Janelle was speaking with Peter when Ashlea called her Jeanine. I said, "That's not Jeanine, it's Janelle!" Then my younger sister looked up at me and I was shocked! I can no longer authentically blame anyone else for making this mistake. I don't know who any of us are, either.
This was also the night that myself, my mom Ginny and dad Darren, and my aunts Patty and Mary all talked in our room for hours. It was an interesting and insightful conversation and when Mary wanted to go to sleep at three I thought she was nuts! Patty and I made it until five! I blame the jet lag, and I needed a partner; she did bloody well!
The next morning my mom woke me up at nine by saying, "Josie, Janelle is making the veil right now." So I rolled out of bed to help. Between us sisters we have a tradition. Janelle and Jeanine made my wedding veil. Jeanine and I made Janelle's wedding veil. And this time Janelle and I made Jeanine's wedding veil. As different as we each are, we have a special connection as three sisters. I'll always know they were the ones making me crazy as a kid, and keeping me from going crazy as an adult.
Friday morning we had some free time, so I went to the pool with my mom Ginny, sister Janelle and mom Kris to do water aerobics! My brother Christopher and dad Bob joined us after a bit and it was fun to have some play time in the H2O. After lounging pool side it was late enough in the day for me to make a Skype call to Daniel from my brother's laptop. It didn't have a camera, so Daniel couldn't see me, but I could see him and as soon as he smiled I totally started crying! I'm not exactly sure why; there was a lot going on and I just missed him. I stammered, "I. . .Miss. . .You." To which he replied, "Babe? I think we have a bad connection." Haha! I pulled myself together and we promised to talk again soon.
Later it was on to the dress rehearsal. Since it was outdoors there was a debate about whether or not we could wear sunglasses. In the end it was decided to forgo eye wear, which made me mutter a quiet, "Damn!". My eyes are slightly sensitive to bright lights and I tend to wear sunglasses even when it's grey outside. And also because I like to pretend I'm famous. (Ha!)
Practicing the aisle walk.
I love this photo of Jeanine and D Daddy.
I also really love this photo of my folks.
And my mom should always wear those shoes!
Jeanine was a great sport as often I would say,
"Oh, B! Go stand by that so I can take your picture!"
Following the practice run was the rehearsal dinner back in one of the courtyards of the resort. There was a great home made Mexican feast, and so many family members! It was great to get a chance to visit with them. Peter had everyone stand to introduce ourselves and say how we are connected with the couple. A lot of people said a lot of nice things.
I do not remember what Janelle said here, although she does look devious.
I do know she told people she was Jeanine's eldest sister;
a fact I reiterated as I am often asked if I am the oldest.
This is my Uncle Clancy from Alaska. His girlfriend Kathy is sitting behind him.
They are wonderful people.
I do recall Jeanine saying something like, "In case you didn't know,
I am the bride, and this is about me!" -hence she is pointing to herself-
Which was hilarious and made everyone laugh.
Another success in the wedding festivities.















:)
ReplyDeleteThis makes me want sisters! You 3 are fantastic :) xo
ReplyDelete