Friday, September 14, 2012

San Diego - Wednesday 29th 2012

Back at the resort the family was getting ready to go to Petco Park to see the San Diego Padres baseball team play the Atlanta Braves.  I go to ball games because my family loves them and you can drink beer in the afternoon and scream as loud as you want without anyone looking twice at you.

This is the new San Diego Library

In the seventh grade I had a crush on Chipper Jones and he is soon retiring so everyone cheered for him each time he came to bat.  Apart from my Uncle Clancy, who grumbled, "I wonder who his latest mistress is now?"  To which I replied, "Oh, I wish it was me!"  Shock humour with family is one of my favourites.

Despite all the cheering, poor handsome Chipper didn't have the best game.

The first time Daniel and I took a trip to San Diego was in the spring of 1999.  My Aunt Mary was working for a relocation company helping folks find new homes because down town was making room for this new ballpark.  We stayed in a massive condo building which had been emptied and we spent hours exploring the interesting floor plans and running from cockroaches.  It was an old candy factory and it still stands right next to Petco.

Les Durrant Duo's old stomping grounds

The Padres won the game, by a lot, and everyone seemed quite happy.


Janelle could have been slightly distracted by making finger puppets on this gentleman's back.
I drew the line when she began playing on his bald head.

That night we threw Jeanine and Peter a joint bachelor / bachelorette party down town at the Hard Rock Hotel.  On the roof there is an awesome restaurant called Float and we were there to celebrate them.  And maybe embarrass them a little, too.  

 This is a veil both Janelle and I wore at our own Bachelorette parties.
We were very happy to pass it along to Jeanine!
It says, "Bride To Be"

It's a gag gift! 

The ladies of the night.
From left: Kim, Janelle, Ashlea, me, Jeanine, Debra, Kristin 

The moon looked amazing next to the lit up hotel and trees.
I'm glad this picture came out.

All in all, the day and evening were a success.  There was an incident with a ghost in the bathroom, but that's to be expected at fancy party venues.  Jeanine and Peter laughed a lot and they have some really great friends.  It was a fun way to wish them wedding well.






2 comments: