Thursday, September 13, 2012

San Diego is Lovely - 1st Instalment

Leaving Daniel on the side walk was not the most enjoyable moment.  So I decided to distract myself by talking to my taxi driver on route to the airport.  Animal violence was our -somehow- topic of choice and surprisingly between the two of us we listed a number of people who have died working with animals.  Hey, man, it kept me from crying.  And despite the tragic conversation, he was a really lovely man to visit with.  At the airport I had to repack my bags due to strict weight rules; thankfully it worked out fine.

On the way to Fiji I sat between two lovely young women who were both generous and talkative.  One was on her way to a wedding as well.  Five hours in the Fiji airport in Nadi was boring.  It's a tiny airport consisting of one large room with a food kiosk in the centre.  There was no place to hide from the noise.  It did occur to me to go out and explore the land, however since Fiji is made up of over 300 islands, it didn't seem an easy task.  And I made a friend in the customs line a bit too late to request a tag along with her and her husband.  Had they made one last eye contact with me, I might have some photos of what I'm sure is a beautiful place on Earth.

Ten and a half hours later I was in Los Angeles.  My aunt Mary was waiting for me, although she didn't seem to recognize me despite the huge grin I had for her.  My hair, of course, is a different colour and I don't know who reads my blog and already knows that.  Sometimes I think most people are reading this, although I think really there are six of you!  You guys rock!  About a metre away I finally asked, "Are you going to smile at me?"  She told me later that she had already smiled and waved at three other ladies who she mistook for her niece and was tentative to make a fourth blunder.  I told her not to worry because even strangers liked to be smiled at.  We had a mellow ride down to San Diego and it was wonderful to spend time talking together.

Many hugs went around when we checked in at the resort.  It was wonderful to see my mom and sisters!  I feel very lucky to be so close with them.  The reunion was short lived as everyone was hungry and making plans to eat in Old Town - they literally have the best Mexican food in California.  I -on the other hand- was going to stay the night with  my friend Alexis as my room at the resort was not available until the following day.  So, we all hugged again and Alexis came to pick me up.  We ate at a Thai restaurant that was delicious


and then went back to her place to talk about the human brain and play dress up.  This is what we do.

I cannot fully explain this.  Cowgirl vs. Bunny is your best bet.

Obviously in this case Alexis does not seem at all intimidated by me, 
although she is amused so I'll take it as a win!

In the morning she made me breakfast and we got in good talk time before my friend Currie came to collect me for more fun.  Currina -as I like to call her- and I have a thing for creme brulee.  We went to Extraordinary Desserts in Little Italy for the fancy treat and a beer.  Well, I had a beer and I graciously let her smell and barely sip it.  


I often take pictures of food for Daniel when he's not with me.  He likes taking photos of food and flowers; this heavenly French beauty had both and Daniel appropriately appreciated it.  We had just enough time to take a quick peek at Currina's new home where I gave each room a little Theta Love Blessing!  It was too short, although we did make the most of it and it was so fun to see her. 

Can you guess who the pregnant one is?

Thank you ladies for being amazing hosts and friends to me.  I love and am grateful for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment