The plan was to have lunch together later in the afternoon, however we were all still full and needed some rest as well. So I had some much loved alone time at my folk's house. Of course, Keeva the dog, and Ellie the cat never left my side. They just napped with me though, and mostly they were not too chatty.
After an hour of crap television (it made me happy, if not a little less intelligent) my friend Heather came over. She helped me harvest my Mom's garden where some zucchini had been left a tad too long on the vines. Shortly after my friend Treva joined us and we sat outside laughing and visiting. It was absolutely divine. I love those girls like the Dickens!
This might be my favourite picture of them, ever.
Heather, a painting is most probably in order!
I made the ladies some dinner with the small amount of vegetables that we had (ha!) and we ate Heather's zucchini bread and drank Treva's wine. Usually after I am out of the country for a bit, there are important and hilarious internet memes that they need to share with me. So we ended up on the sofa laughing at the television when our other friend, Julia showed up! I was so happy to see her, she might actually be the sweetest person on Earth right now. She fully contributed with the laughs. She has a gaggle of handsome British men at her fingertips and is happily eager to share.
Since it was a Monday, Julia and Heather had to leave earlier due to work the following morning. So we did some great hugging and I remembered to get a photo of the four of us.
Ellie really wanted to be in the shot with the girls.
Treva was able to stay longer and we got on line to talk with our friend, Rebecca who is currently living and working in Norway! She was just waking up and it was a blast laughing with her, and getting to see her face! I did start to fall asleep near the end, although I think the ladies didn't notice. Or, if they did, they are much too polite and let me have some rest.
The evening was a win. I do have to say that I've no idea how my mother gets any sleep though. Keeva literally sleeps on the legs of whoever is in that spot, and Ellie literally sleeps on the pillow by your head. They stir, they snore, they sneeze in your face. It was slightly less than ideal. It is pretty funny though, and not anything I could do on a normal basis.


No comments:
Post a Comment