Monday, December 10, 2012

A New Normal

There has not been a lot to report.  Daniel and I have been spending a fair amount of time working, and swimming in the ocean.  The weather here has taken another heat turn.  Three days ago we started sweating at seven thirty in the morning.  That day we got on a short call with my Mom and our friends, Lindsay and Amy.  We were explaining the swimming net at the beach.  I understand that many of you think we're nuts to go into the water knowing that it is shark, crocodile, and jelly fish season.  I'll explain it to you like I did to them.  Yes, we understand that we could lose a limb.  In this heat, it's preferable than having to look down at that sweaty limb and constantly think, "I am dripping with gross!"

It's not actually that dangerous.  When there is a crocodile or shark sighting in our area, reports are made and humans are not allowed into the water.  I will give you an example of the weather we've been dealing with.  88-90 degrees F with 75% humidity.  You'd go in the water, too.  The water temperature, by the way is about 82 degrees F.

Here is the swimming net.  Totally shark proof, obviously.
(It really does make us feel safe.)

Glisten has been house sitting, so we've had the flat to ourselves for a week, which has been nice.  It's been mostly quiet, except when we have to hunt giant cockroaches with the mop.  It freaks us out, and makes us laugh.  We've been watching a lot of geckos as well lately.  They crawl onto the window screens to hunt bugs that are drawn to the light.  Last week we watched a small gecko catch a huge dragon fly.  It was pretty impressive.  We narrated their words for them.  Daniel was the gecko and I was the bug.  We have to entertain ourselves while cooking dinner.

This little fella was cracking me up a few days ago.
He was just peeking his head over staring at me.
He is right above our bedroom door.

2 comments: