Friday, December 14, 2012

Bugs

They are driving me crazy!  Yesterday afternoon I went to our cupboard to get out some food for lunch.  I noticed little black pebbles everywhere and lamented to Daniel, "Oh, great.  We have a mouse."  He leaned over me and replied, "No, that's cockroach shit."  I asked, "What?  How do you know that?"  And he said that Glisten had showed him some a while ago.  Gross.

Perhaps it's the warm weather bringing them out, however we now have tons of the tinniest ants I've ever seen taking over the flat.  Last night after brushing my teeth I destroyed about four hundred of them on the bathroom counter.  Go away!

And finally, the piste de resistance!  This morning I woke up cold (a foreign experience) at four thirty because I rolled over Daniel's mistress phone in bed.  It lit up under my right elbow, which woke Daniel up, too.  I handed it to him and as I was explaining what it was, I felt something crawling on my left elbow.  The next thing I knew I was directly on top of Daniel scrambling to break free from the sheets!  Daniel asked, "Whoa, what's going on?"  I said, "I have to turn on the light.  There is a cockroach in our bed!"  I flipped the switch to illuminate our bedroom and handed Daniel the requested tissue.  I watched him chase the scurrying beast under pillows and over our mattress.  Finally it was caught, killed, and flushed.

After washing my arm in the bathroom sink, I came back into our room with a frown on my face.  Daniel attempted to comfort me by saying, "Don't worry, Babe, it's going to happen from time to time."  Thanks, Dude.

It was not easy falling back to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment