Wednesday, February 20, 2013

An Aussie Valentine

Another busy week was upon us.  Daniel was getting ready for school and I've been seeing heaps more clients.  We've both been hanging out with our friends and walking the dog in between bouts of rainfall.  This has been a wet summer.

Last Wednesday Daniel and Churchill walked me downtown to meet some girls for dinner at Mick O'Malley's Irish Pub.  Each time we walk the dog, people stare, point, and comment on how cute he is. It always seems odd to me to say, "Thank you" as I've literally nothing to do with the way he looks.  He's very popular on South Bank, though he doesn't seem to notice at all.

It was a fun evening and I made some new friends and clients as well.  I walked home with two of the ladies and one of them lives right around the block from us.  One of my new friends, Ash is from Galway, Ireland where my mom's side of the family comes from.  Ash wants me to join her on a trip there in September.  That will probably not happen this year.

Valentine's Day was good for us.  A tradition my mom had for us growing up was to wake me and my sisters super early in the morning before school and feed us waffles with strawberries and whipped cream.  Daniel and I are continuing that delicious tradition together.  Coles didn't have strawberries so we ate raspberries instead.  We also didn't have any heavy cream so Daniel attempted our topping with buttermilk.  It didn't quite work, however, the taste was still fantastic.

 So yummy!

Later that afternoon Daniel helped me dye my hair.  I've been enjoying having lighter coloured hair, however the upkeep is something I'm not interested in.  I also gave myself a haircut just to see if I could do it myself.  We'll call it a success.

Not bad, eh?

That evening Sarah and Simon went to dinner at a burlesque show, so Daniel and I had the house to ourselves.  We talked about going to our favourite Indian restaurant, and we would have except we both got stuck doing work on our computers without noticing the time.  Instead we put together some homemade pizzas, watched a movie, and had a dance party.  So basically, Valentine's Day was like most of our normal weekdays!  We know how to have fun together.

Before and . . . 

. . . After! 

Happy V-Day 

Daniel chose to listen to Beyonce;
look at his face!  Haha!

We hope you all are feeling just as happy this February.  Get up and move!

1 comment:

  1. Love it all! Sounds like you guys are having an awesome time!!! Love the hair Josie!

    ReplyDelete