Friday, February 22, 2013

Another Week in Brissy

Last weekend was full up of events for us.  Friday night we were double booked so I went to Carolyn's house for an evening of laughter and Daniel went to Simon's for a movie night.  At Carolyn's a group of us got together for some dinner and then sat around telling jokes.  It was a fun and mostly funny time.  Our priest from church, Terry told a hilarious joke about reincarnating as a rabbit.  I brought our camera, however I was in the middle of the circle and didn't want to disrupt the group by retrieving it on the other side of the room so there are no pictures of my night.

Eventually Sarah came to pick me up since it was raining and we went back to Simon's where the boys had chosen to see "The Watchmen".  I'm not going to recommend this film.  Even if I'd seen more than the last hour and a half, I still think it wouldn't make sense.  When it was time for the ladies to choose we put on "Amelie" and Simon fell asleep!

Saturday evening was our friend, Ainsley's birthday party.  Sarah and I walked down to Southbank for a girl's night and met a big group at the Bamboo Basket for a snack and a glass of wine.  I had made us dinner that night so we would have food in our bellies before we left.  I met some nice people and we had a few laughs.  The party then moved down the street to a roof top bar called, "Rydges".  Unfortunately the roof top was not higher than any of the surrounding buildings so our view was of brick and steel.  It was a nice venue though and Sarah and I shared a drink and talked with friends.  We were the first to leave because Sarah was getting tired and I really wanted to go home and read my book.  (we are hard core party people!)

 All dressed up and ready to go!

Sunday morning was church and afterward our Marketing meeting where we foolishly ate too much food.  It was only foolish because directly after the meeting we had another birthday party to attend.  Our friends, Chris and Greg were hosting a High Tea gathering for Chris' birthday.  The food at their house was gorgeous and so fancy and delicious.  Only, I couldn't manage to eat more than two appetizers; my belt wouldn't let me.  There were heaps of people there so it was hard to mingle and meet new folks.  We mostly visited with a couple that Sarah knows.  Rose, with whom Sarah works at the college, and her partner, Dan who is from England and sounded exactly like Harry Potter.  

On the sofa from left, we have Rose, Dan, Sarah, and Simon 

Here are our lovely friends, Chris with his birthday bow tie
and Greg. They played Uno with us on Australia Day last month. 

We may have been full, but there is always room for champagne! 

Looking sharp for High Tea

The rest of this week has been great and we're keeping busy.  Daniel is digging into his school classes and writing papers and starting new projects.  He seems keen to learn and be back involved with QUT. I have been seeing new and regular clients and playing with friends when we have time.  

Last night, Sarah, Simon, Daniel and myself walked down to Southbank to try a new Mexican restaurant.  It was crap.  Oz is not good at Mexican food, and it really is sad for us.  We did have fun though, and of course, danced to Beyonce at our dinner table.  

I just got home from walking downtown to have dinner with my friend, April at Govinda's.  They always have amazing food and it was good to catch up with her.  We walked back across the bridge together to check out the evening markets at Southbank before parting ways.  Now I am going to make myself a cup of tea and Daniel and I are going to watch a movie that we checked out from our church library.  

3 comments:

  1. I love Sarah's tank top in the first pic and both ya'lls shoes! And you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoes both belong to Sarah. By the end of the night we switched because she has tiny feet like you! The red ones were a bit bigger.
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Treva from above as well. Sarah needs to come here. And make us that Australian dessert and bring her cute clothes and make lemon pancakes!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete