Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Flying Fox!

All right, so we knew they lived here and we had googled a video of what they looked like.  It didn't occur to me to actually investigate until I spoke online with Jeremy and Heather a couple days ago. 

So here it is;  y'all were right.  They live in the tree on my front porch!  Last night, Daniel and I were eating dinner in the dining room and those "bats" were squawking so loud, I leap up from the table, ran into our bedroom to grab our headlamp and ran outside to shine it into the trees.  What stared and squawked back at me gave me chills.  I came back into the house and told Daniel he had to see them!

He got the camera, attached the flash and this happened.

They were seriously looking right at me!
And then they would make creepy chirping sounds. 

 This is a different one - there were at least 20 in our tree -
and it's what their backs look like.

They are the size of Chat Chat.  That didn't make me want to hold one, at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment