Saturday, March 12, 2011

Deux Choses

First, I accidentally dropped our jar of jelly on the concrete floor of our kitchen whist reaching for the fake hamburgers.  It broke as it was made of glass and Daniel did his best to salvage what was left.  Last night in his sandwich he spit out two pieces of glass and this morning I may have swallowed a tiny piece.  I’m not worried about it; otherwise I would have spit it out.  Now, you can decide if you think this means that we are either very brave farm folk, or if we are just desperate for groceries. 


Second, there are exactly twenty songs that play here on the radio.  We hear Lady Gaga, Madonna, The Monkeys, Katy Perry, and some songs from the 80’s played on repeat over and over.  Of course, as I’ve mentioned we never hear the end of any of these artist’s refrains.  One little ditty that comes on at each of our dance and eat parties we call “Hey!  It’s our song!”  The chorus goes like this, “I would catch a grenade for ya.  I would fall on a blade for ya.  I would jump in front of a train for ya.  You know I’d do any-thang for ya, but you won’t do the same.”  It’s awesomely easy to make fun of and so we do.  I just googled it; Bruno Mars – Grenade.  Right now it’s our very favorite bad song; have a youtube listen if you like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment