Tuesday was a normal day for us at Grange Place; although we did have a dance party in our room last night which is something new. Daniel got a song for us to dance to: Empire State of Mind by Alicia Keys and Jay Z. We played it about four times and totally got down! We did a fair share of laughing and talking and listening to music together from my ipod. Then we had another little picnic tub on our bed whist watching an episode of Mad Men.
It’s beautiful today. We totally took advantage of the warm weather just now and went for a long walk. Simon had told us about some fjords close by and we went to check them out. On the way we casually mentioned to each other that we had been walking down quite a steep hill for about twenty minutes. I reminded Daniel that we are strong and that going up hill is easier on the knees in any case. We made it to the bottom and took some pictures of the pretty streams surrounded by tress and grass. Even though I’m actually here, sometimes I look around and it does not seem real. The scenery here can be just that: unbelievable. On our way back up the hill I stayed two steps ahead of Daniel. I was hoping to keep him motivated, and also I normally walk ahead of Daniel, unless we’re holding hands. Being competitive with Daniel makes us both laugh. My favourite person to be competitive with is my sister, Janelle. She stays very focused on herself and that helps me focus on myself. Pushing and motivating me is a more rewarding experience than having someone else do it for me. Although at times if I need help distracting myself from the physical exertion I can always ask Janelle to tell me a joke and she will. Speaking of my sister, a bug flew up my nose on our walk and it made me think, “I just. . . ate a bug!!” So, I’m going to ask Jeanine, what’s that from? And I’m going to ask Janelle what is this from? “Really good noodles.”
Nearing the top of the hill Daniel began walking faster and moved a few steps in front of me. I said, “Hey, what’s with picking up the pace, dude?” He said, “Nothing. I’m going to win.” I answered him, “So I lead the way up the entire hill and you get to win at the last few steps?” He shrugged at me and said, “Yeah.” So I complained to him about his legs being longer and stayed in stride with him. Once I was in the lead again I made sure to watch his shadow behind me so when he moved to the side I also moved to the side so he couldn’t pass me. Eventually he noticed what I was doing and we both started laughing. He got around me so I took off running; obviously Daniel did the same. We ran up to Hillerton Cross where Daniel loudly declared, “Tie!” I said, “What? I totally won!!” He knows the truth, in his heart space. Now, for those of you that understand me, you also know that I won. Or you at least know that I am going to tell you that I won.
Tomorrow we hope to convince the house to join us at a pub for a pint. I’m Irish so it’s one of our laws. Have fun, be safe, wear green.
No comments:
Post a Comment