Monday, March 14, 2011

Sunday Funnies

Last night after dinner Pat wanted us to watch a show she thinks is very funny.  She said that it is very British humor so she did know whether or not we would enjoy it.  It’s called The Two Ronnies and it’s hilarious!  If you can get a copy somewhere or see it on the internet, I think you might like it as well.  There are two men and they perform little skits from the mid 60’s until the mid 80’s.  One of the jokes that I remember is the two men sitting outside a cottage [supposed to be in Ireland] smoking pipes and one says to the other, “Our houses are the same size.  Same number of rooms, same everything, right?”  The second guy says, “Yeah.”  First guy tells him, “It’s so odd.  You told me when you re-papered your kitchen you bought eight rolls.  So I bought eight rolls and I ended up with two left over.”  Second guy replies, “Hmm.  So did I.”


Another skit was just one of the men performing a monologue telling how when he was a baby he was very ugly.  His mom sat outside with him crying and a man walked by and asked her what was wrong.  She was so upset that she couldn’t speak so he told her that he would go get her a drink from the pub nearby.  He came back and said, “Here, ma’am.  I brought you a brandy.  And some nuts for the monkey.”


We all sat around in Bredsel laughing and it was a nice way to end the evening.  I really like simple silly comedy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment