The weather is getting warmer and we're finding ourselves more often in the ocean. Yesterday Daniel and I took a walk around our neighbourhood. Daniel suggested we try the Fish and Chip shop on the main street. He made suggestions like this in Brisbane a couple times and we didn't follow through. This time I was interested in eating French fries so I complied. I even tried the fish, which didn't have much flavour. Did you know that if you're eating fish that has that fishy flavour it means it's not fresh? Daniel ate a local white fish right from our seas around the corner. Neither he nor myself could decipher the accent of our server so we didn't learn the name of what he was eating.
Tiny puff flowers we discovered on our walk.
They had excellent home made tarter sauce.
First meat in nine years.
Our lunch companion. Daniel tried giving him a piece of fish.
He didn't go for it, but the ants did.
After our meal we swam at our beach and I got nervous about what was in the water. I'm not a fan of scary films, however I do enjoy scaring myself. There's something about knowing crocodiles, jellyfish, and sharks are out there and I cannot see them. Sometimes I have to run out of the water to calm down. It's pretty ridiculous. Eventually I decided to just enjoy myself and stay close to Daniel. I probably resembled a baby monkey because I spent a fair amount of time on his back. We had a lot of fun laughing and being knocked over by waves before we came back home to do some more work. It's hard to stay inside in the middle of the day because it gets so warm.
That night we made a very colourful dinner. We cooked up some pasta with pumpkin, red bell peppers, onions, garlic, carrots, and purple cabbage with a Greek yogurt and mint sauce that I made. Really yummy and simple.
It's fun to eat pretty food.
Outside of the cockroach killing, we had another mellow evening. Today is cloudy and it rained this morning so it's a bit cooler outside and we're thankful for it.
We hope you're all having a great week.





Now girl, I know you had a spicy tuna roll three years ago.
ReplyDelete