Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Rest of My Vacation

The following morning we woke up early to run some errands.  My mom and I went to a few stores to get some things for Daniel and our flat here.  I was happy to see normally priced items, "This can't possibly be so cheap?!"

We met Janelle and our friend Paula for lunch, which was delicious.  There is a Thai restaurant in the Oakway Center where Janelle goes so often they know what she wants when she gets there!  It was a fun and fast feast, as the ladies had to get back to work.  So we talked, laughed, enjoyed our food and tea and were again on our way.

There were a couple hours that afternoon with nothing to do, which was divine.  I'm pretty sure I just ate more Tofu spread and lounged on the sofa with my dad, Darren.  Then we had another girl party!  Our friend Lindsay came over for dinner, drinks, laughter, and soul talks.  A lot was shared that night and it was really beautiful; a perfect Friday evening.

This is after a certain amount of bottles of wine!

I actually took a couple pictures of Lindsay's face up close because she's gorgeous, however, I didn't get her permission to put them on the blog.   Also, I took a photo of my mom sleeping on the couch.  (Perhaps I'll get permission later. . )  After Lindsay left, my mom and I began doing some singing and she fell asleep mid-song!  That's when I realized it was bed time. 

Saturday was fantastic.  I'm going to be honest here: I never got out of my pajamas!  My folks and I cheered and napped through the Duck game, snacked on leftovers, and watched a movie.  D Daddy had to work so we said goodbye.  Their dog, Keeva was a bit more dramatic about it than we were.  My mom and I stayed up late again just visiting and being mellow.  It was basically the perfect way to wind down the week.

Sunday I was scrambling to get ready since I did almost nothing the day before.  In the afternoon I went on a bike ride with Janelle and Christopher down by the river.  Then we all ate taco pizza from Papas at their house.  Mama Kris, P Daddy and B Daddy all came for food and one last hug.  That part is never easy or fun.  

Thank goodness my mom checked my flights before we left the house because all of the ones I was scheduled to be on had shifted.  Long story short, I was bumped and reconnected with three different planes, two different airlines and one different country.  The point is, I made it home.  In the Eugene airport my mom and I shared a beer and our fun memories of the wedding and all our family and friends.  I am completely thankful to have seen so many people; I feel blessed by all of you!

It was easier leaving this time because I knew I would see Daniel soon.  He was on the other side of the same ocean and I was ready for his hug.
Turns out he was happy to see me, too.


2 comments: