Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wednesday 5th September

Man alive, I've been slacking on the blog!  I hope I remember all my fun details for you.  I do recall that the 5th was a great, full day.  I woke up and met my friend Tony for a visit and some lunch.  He lives out in the country and we walked around his beautiful property until a yellow jacket quite literally chased us back into the house!  We ate lunch together at Soup Nation in the 5th Street Public Market.  It's a place my sister, Janelle recommended to me as it's close to her work and she goes there for lunch from time to time.  I had a small bowl of soup that came with a huge hunk of wheat sour-dough bread.  It was delicious.  I wish I had brought my camera.  I have no pictures of Tony; sad koala.  He's a pretty cool customer and also, he is the tallest person I have ever known.  Sometimes when we're talking and then we stand up he says, "I forget how much shorter than me you are!"  (I talk a big girl talk, what can I say?)  In any case, I'm sure you'd get a kick out of seeing us standing next to each other.  He has me by one foot and three inches.

Next I stopped by Janelle's work to surprise her.  We had plans to pump iron at the gym and I was a bit early so I thought I'd distract her from her last few minutes of work.  ("pump iron" is my big girl talk; we didn't actually lift any weights.  But we did do hanging pull ups and I'm stronger than I thought I'd be.  Hooraaa!)  Janelle works in a building that uses fingerprint scanners to access certain off limits places so I had to have her paged at the front desk.  The woman who called her asked if we were twins.  Folks usually either think that we're twins, or that we're not related when meeting us for the first time.  Her fingerprint got us up to the third floor where I said hello to her co workers before we took off for the gym.  Both Ginny mom and Kris mom worked out with us.  It was tough for me cardiovascular-wise since I no longer run.  Luckily Daniel and I are keen on walking hills here so my legs felt good and strong.

The plan was to meet for dinner after getting cleaned up.  Back at my mom's house my lovely friend Amy had just a moment to stop by for a hug.  She was leaving town to preform a marriage for two of her friends, and it was our only time to say hello.  We squeezed in a lot of laughter in under twenty minutes!

This gal is a hoot and a holler!

Soon after Janelle called me and said she hadn't showered.  I let her know that Ginny mom and I hadn't showered either.  Then I called Kris mom and told her none of us showered so she said she wouldn't either.  It was agreed, we'd have a dirty dinner.  D daddy, P daddy, and Christopher joined us for the meal and didn't complain.  Aww, sweet.  We piled our food high at Mongolian Grill and ate with gusto.  It was a happy time with family and food.

If I recall correctly, the evening ended with me and my Ma and some wine in her room watching cooking shows.  It's a sort of habit we have!  

No comments:

Post a Comment