Monday, October 8, 2012

The Brisbane Festival finale attracted well, everyone who lives in Brisbane!  Daniel and I walked down to South Bank to see the firework show and were met by 3 million people.  It was outrageous!  We stood smashed in between the population of our city patiently waiting to see pretty fire in the sky.  A few minutes after the show started, I felt a raindrop fall on my nose and we decided to cut out early!  Turns out there was a better view closer to our house anyway and we caught the last hurrah with no one else around us.

Brisbane's Billions 

First through the trees. .  

 . . Then over buildings. 

Daniel and I have been keeping busy.  We had my friend Sarah over for dinner on Friday and it was so much fun!  She's a great person and I'm going to miss seeing her each week.  Yesterday we went to church and had to say goodbye to all our friends there.  Then I took the bus out to Carindale to visit my friend, April.  Today we packed up the flat and sent some boxes north as we're moving to Cairns (pronounced cans) in two days.  We'll be staying with one of Daniel's great friends up there and making a new life adventure.  We've loved living in Brisbane, and have been so thankful to make lovely connections here, and also we want to explore more of this great country.  

Great Barrier Reef  -  Here we come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment