The wetlands are not far from where we live;
I'll get a chance to go soon.
I love the birds in this photo.
Grasshoppers being grasshoppers
Daniel's first encounter with a snake!
It slid up that tree real fast!
I don't know what this is, but I like it.
When the three of them returned, we made another delicious dinner, shared some wine, and had tantalizing conversations.
The following day, the four of us spent a few hours at Stoney Creek. It's about a ten minute drive from here. Every time we go somewhere these days, I am driving! Since we were up in the mountains, we were much cooler. We hiked a path and stopped at three different water holes. The water is freezing, so I only put my feet in. Everyone else swam!
He's about to jump in
They're so brave!
This is Glisten's favourite swimming spot.
These roots formed a perfect circle.
My friends in the trees.
John on the rope swing!
Daniel from the rope swing!
This is Australian nutmeg.
The black spot in the middle of this photo is a baby pig.
They were so cute!
The waterfall at the end of the hike.
Standing on top of the waterfall rock.
Beautiful berries
This is John's favourite swimming spot.
Daniel is next to the waterfall.
At home we all relaxed and spent time on our front balcony talking about the future. Then we had dinner and I went to bed early. Glisten and John have been wonderful friends. They love taking us to new places and we really get along. The only downside to Stoney Creek are the mosquitoes. I have nine bites right now. There are also biting flies there who landed on us numerous times, however luckily, we were not bit!

























So jealous!!! That looks spectacular.
ReplyDelete